a township of Monroe county, in which is situated in the village of the
same name. It lies north of Center, by which it is bounded on the
south, by Seneca on the west, by Sunbury on the east, and on the north
by Belmont county. Its shape is an oblong square, 4 by miles
in extent; and it contains about 1000 inhabitants. It is in the
state of general improvement..